In depth ramblings about cooking, homekeeping, and whatever else I decide to write about.
Having trouble getting motivated? Try this. For every hour you are home, take 5 minutes out of each hour to do one job. There are so many things you can do in just 5 minutes:
– Put bleach in toilet bowls before work, swish and leave to sit while you are gone.
– Empty trash cans
– Clean bathroom mirrors
– Vacuum one room
– Throw a load in the washer/dryer
– Dust a room (or two if you can)
– Clear off a table
– Put all of the clothes on the floor in a hamper
– Clear dishes and cups from around the house
-Fold a load of towels
I could go on (and feel free to make suggestions in the comments section.) The point is, you don’t have to have a large chunk of time to devote to cleaning to get things done. Yes, some jobs require that, but many are quick 5 minute jobs. Just doing a few of these types of jobs can make the house feel better and give you a sense of accomplishment.
Photo courtesy of Dietmar Temps via Flickr