What’s Cooking This Week?
This Weeks Menu:
- Saturday– Spinach salad with sliced rotisserie chicken, applewood smoked bacon, tri-colored tomatoes, pecans, blue cheese, sliced mushrooms, and balsamic dressing. Hard Pear Cider.
- Sunday Lunch– Open-faced heirloom tomato caprese sandwiches with creamy balsamic dressing.
- Sunday Dinner– Asian noodle soup with tofu, shitake mushrooms, bok choy, carrots, celery onion, and snow peas.
- Meatless Monday– Tofu fried rice with edamame, mushrooms, carrots, onion, garlic, spinach and scrambled egg bits.
- Tuesday– Chicken and dumplings (using the rest of Saturday’s chicken.)
- Wednesday– Grilled cheese with bacon, and creamy tomato basil soup.
- Thursday– Mexican salad with 50/50 mix, roasted corn, tri-colored tomatoes, avocado, crumbled queso blanco, crushed tortillas chips, salsa and creamy chipotle lime dressing.
- Friday– Cincinnati style chili mac (AKA three-way Cinnci chili with sour cream.)
- Snacks: Veggies and Greek yogurt-based low fat ranch, Havarti cheese and crackers, old Forest Salami, White cheddar popcorn (bought this bagged), apples, strawberries.
I may or may not end up cooking things in the menu order. I’m also tossing a bottle of Cabernet in the mix somewhere there.