In depth ramblings about cooking, homekeeping, and whatever else I decide to write about.
1. It’s meditative- When I throw myself into cooking and focus on the process, my brain gets a break from all of the worries and stresses of the day. It’s an hour a day where I can truly live in the moment.
2. It’s creative- You take a whole bunch of stuff that may not taste great on it’s own and put it together to make something delightful, just like if you were painting a picture or making a scrapbook. Once you get the basics down, you can add your own flair. It’s truly a form of self-expression.
3. It shows I care- When I spend the time to make delicious meals, my family feels loved. After all, I’m giving them the product of my favorite thing to do in the world. I swear the love makes the food taste better too.
4. The shopping- I love finding new stores, from gourmet stores to foreign markets. It’s fun to go shop around for ingredients. I have learned what is in season when, and have come across some really great new things. I’ve also learned that I can buy certain things way cheaper in Asian and Mexican markets.
5. The smells- Oh lordy, the smells of cooking really do it for me. I am a big time smell person. I smell the olive oil, the Worcestershire sauce, the curry powder,, and everything in between–and I love every second if it.